- Title: Dérive : Poems
- Authors: Bruna Mori | Matthew Kinney
- Published Date: 2006-01-01
- Description: Poetry. Art. Features paintings by Matthew Kinney. Drawn by the New York cityscape and encounters found there, physical trajectories are mapped in words and sumi-ink. Poems depict a search for subjectivity in the urban sphere and are interspersed with paintings of architecture elusively dis/assembling on canvases. From Second Avenue to 207th Street, spanning mahjongg parlors and halfway houses, "the city and its inhabitants emerge as vastly various and yet inextricably bound to one another (le thi diem thuy)." "A deft poetic journey through the fissures and ironies of city life"--Norman Klein. "Bruna Mori creates a lyrical alchemy of the debris and mythology of New Amsterdam. DERIVE is an animated guidebook to the boroughs and should be required reading for travelers and residents alike"--Brenda Coultas.
- Identifier: 0970917961 | 9780970917966
- theme_hook_original: google_books_biblio