Most Foreign Country, The
- Title: The Most Foreign Country
- Authors: Alejandra Pizarnik
- Published Date: 2017
- Description: Poetry. Translated from the Spanish by Yvette Siegert. First published in 1955 and now translated for the first time into English, THE MOST FOREIGN COUNTRY is Alejandra Pizarnik's debut collection. Here, the nineteen year old poet begins to explore the themes that will shape and define her vision: the solitude of the poetic self, the longing for artistic depth, and the tenuous nearness of death. By turns probing and playful, bold and difficult, Pizarnik's earliest poems teem with an exuberant desire "to grab hold of everything" and to create a language that tests the limits of origin, paradox, and death."
- Identifier: 1937027600 | 9781937027605
- theme_hook_original: google_books_biblio