- Title: Newcomer
- Authors: Nathaniel Farrell
- Publisher: Ugly Duckling Press
- Published Date: 2014-06-01
- Description: Poetry. Part historical fiction and part nature poem, NEWCOMER takes place in a wartime landscape estranged by nostalgia and American story-telling. A soldier passes through a landscape that is mutable, both familiar and foreign, while memories of home come in waves, receding and reappearing in images of crisp grass and in the sounds of wind. Military epic mixes with pastoral romance, and neither are resolved. Instead, NEWCOMER's investigation of entropic minutia suggests a very contemporary (perhaps post-traumatic) confusion of temporality, and by this turns our thoughts toward a phenomenology of historical imagination.
- Identifier: 1937027368 | 9781937027360
- theme_hook_original: google_books_biblio