- Title: Sleep's Powers
- Authors: Jacqueline Risset
- Publisher: Ugly Duckling Press
- Published Date: 2008
- Description: Cultural Writing. Essays. Translated from the French by Jennifer Moxley. SLEEP'S POWERS is a meditation on the role of sleep in human life. In the tradition of Montaigne, this book of short essays draws from literary sources (Proust, Sartre, Bataille, Beckett, Kafka), science (Michel Jouvet), as well as personal history and memory. It would appeal to readers interested in the tradition of the poet-critic, the literary essay, feminist perspectives on experience, modernist and post-structuralist thought, as well as to those committed to philosophical questions regarding the role of dreams and imagination in human life.
- Identifier: STANFORD:36105132313300
- theme_hook_original: google_books_biblio