- Title: Upon Arrival
- Authors: Paula Cisewski
- Publisher: Black Ocean Books
- Published Date: 2006-01-01
- Description: Poetry. This first full-length collection showcases the best work from a poet who has graced the pages of literary journals across the country for the past decade. These poems, full of charm and wit, demonstrate an airy playfulness even as they confront isolation and loss. Her ability to balance her humor with an element of seriousness is reminiscent of some notable Eastern European poets of the late 20th century. She and her son live in Northeast Minneapolis, where she teaches writing and liberal arts around the Twin Cities. Paula Cisewski's poems have appeared in Hunger Mountain, Black Warrior Review, Crazyhorse, Spinning Jenny, Forklift OH, Swerve, and Conduit, among other magazines. "The verbal search for unknown finality is in these poems...and all manner of edgy fragile other things that make the reader feel lucky--for listening is inherently lucky, and these poems bear that gift"--Mary Ruefle.
- Identifier: UOM:39015070730513
- theme_hook_original: google_books_biblio